Plusoptix has developed handheld autorefractors especially for infants, children and uncooperative patients, which measure both eyes (binocular) from one meter distance within one second.
The plusoptiX A16 - Pediatric Autorefractor has been designed for stationary in a doctor's office or in eye clinics.
- The plusoptiX A16 measures both eyes simultaneously within one second and in one meter distance to the child
- Used in un-dilated pupils, measurements of hyperopia, myopia, astigmatism and anisometropia provide valuable data for a quick vision examination. Results can additionally be used as a starting point for retinoscopy or to confirm retinoscopic results
- The measurement is taken fully automated, and can be performed by an assistant
- Possible measurement in cycloplegia
2) Measurement results
- Refraction (Sphere, cylinder and axis)
- Symmetry of corneal reflexes
- Pupil diameter and pupil distance
- Our devices are maintenance free
- Precise measurement results
- The measurement from one meter distance is reliable and delegable
- Uninfluenced by medication
- Even children with nystagmus and uncooperative patients can be measured in less than one second
- Measurement over glasses and contact lenses
- If a skiascopy in cycloplegia is required, it proceeds faster because of the existing measurement values, especially cylinder and axis. Furthermore, you have a result to compare with.
- No wrong myopic results because of device myopia (device accommodation)
- Entry examination of infants and children in your practice will be substantially simplified